Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend

Charles is 9 months old today. It's gone so fast. I believe he's getting another tooth--he took an unprecedented nap yesterday from about 3pm until sometime after 6:30. He's also back to constant drooling and his shirt is soaked if he doesn't have on a bib.

We had a good weekend, for the most part. Lillie was up both Friday night and Saturday night puking and threw up a few times on Saturday and Sunday. After a full day of fasting on Sunday, she's better and back her old self. Charles, too, has had some digestive track issues. We had to do an impromptu bath at Grandpa & Grandma's house on Sunday and put on a completely new outfit. I think I've done my fair share of cleaning up messes this week.

It was nice to spend a weekend without worrying about homework, tests, etc. We watched two movies and relaxed. Oh...except for the ants. We found ants in our kitchen cupboard on Friday. I cleaned out the pantry and we sprayed on Friday night and then cleaned off the entire kitchen counter and sprayed again on Saturday. They showed up again yesterday morning so I emptied the pantry again and sprayed. So far there has been no return of the little critters, but the contents of the cupboard is still on the dining room table. It's so frustrating. We want to spray even more thoroughly on Friday when Russ is home so my kitchen may stay a mess for the rest of the week.

Mother's Day was nice. For the second year in a row I won "newest mom" in our Sunday service. There was no one in first service who was pregnant with their first child. Two of us had first children under age 1. After church my sister and I made Mom dinner. Of course she couldn't sit without helping. She loved our gift, a set of Kitchen Aid knives. She'd been talking about them since she used the ones my brother & sister-in-law got as a wedding gift. She has one condition with this set--she must get rid of all her other knives. I'll have to add them to the Goodwill box the next time I'm at the house.

Russell and Charles got me a membership to the Zoo as a gift. I hope to use it sometime soon. The weather has been really hot the last couple of days and it's rainy today, so maybe later in the week we can go. Charles isn't too excited about the animals yet, but it's a great walk for me! The Zoo will be crazy this summer once the new Penguin exhibit opens. People always flock to see their new exhibits.

We actually went to the Zoo on Thursday evening to see a preview of the exhibit. The Cessna Foundation was the major sponsor of the exhibit, so there were four preview nights for Cessnans last week. We ran into quite a few people from church and we met up with Russ' cousin Brady and his family. They hadn't met Charles yet and we hadn't seen Hannah since last summer. She's gotten so big and is definitely a Sharp with her red hair. The served us sloppy joes, chips, cookies, and drinks which was actually pretty good, especially for FREE!!!



Charles is still not crawling yet, but he's working on it. You can tell from the picture he's trying to get his legs underneath himself but he just can't quite get things coordinated. He discovered Lillie's tail yesterday. Unfortunately, I was not able to snap a picture in time to catch him putting it in his mouth. She laid on the floor quite content to have her fur and tail yanked, pulled, and slobbered on .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Stace!! I love it that Lilly doesn't mind having her tail played with!! I'm sure she and Charles are going to be great buddies!!!

Debbie Schultz