Sunday, May 20, 2007

Wild Weekend

We had a great weekend. It was Russ' 9/80 so he was home with Charles and me on Friday. We ran errands in the morning and Russell mowed in the afternoon. Russell also helped his colleague pour some cement. It was a sunny afternoon and Russ is a little red. Soon it will be the beginning of his summer farmer tan.

Saturday was busy. Russell had basketball at the church and Charles and I went with Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Christy to participate in the Wichita River Festival's Walk Fest. We did the 2.5 mile walk. Charles and I made sure to put on 30 SPF so we didn't end up with sunburns too.

You'll notice Charles has on a shirt that's the same color as the Walk Fest shirts. He didn't get an official shirt, but I found one at Target that was the same color. I didn't buy it for the color, but for the logo--it says "Sharp Shooters!" Russell was in a basketball tournament last fall and had to come up with a name for his team. They were the Sharp Shooters. I just couldn't resist, and it was only $2.99. How can you beat that?!?!

Saturday afternoon we went to cousin PJ's birthday party. Charles was napping so we were late and missed the food but made it in time for the birthday cake.

PJ got a scooter--at first he didn't want it, but once he realized he could ride it without the learning curve of a bicycle, he rushed up and down the sidewalk.
In the meantime, Elena and Charles enjoyed a ride in the wagon. Elena wasn't too happy about Charles trying to eat her sidewalk chalk!
Charles was off schedule due to all our activities and was completely overtired. We think he's teething too so that made it worse. He was in bed and asleep by 8:00 on Saturday night but was up at 4 am. We fed him and gave him some ibuprofen and then put him back in bed a half hour later. Thankfully he fell asleep, which let Russell and I sleep until 6:45 when we had to get up and get ready for church. He was out of sorts all day and we finally got him to sleep at 8:30 tonight. Hopefully there won't be any more 4 am wake-up calls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacey, Great pictures and narrative. I had almost forgotten how much I miss the Wichita River Festival. Glad you are keeping up the blog! Charles is so very cute. Tell your mom hello for me, too.

Linda
Augusta, Georgia