We're back in Kansas. Most people would think that's an awful place to be, but we love it here! We had a good last couple of days in Oregon. We discovered we were headed home with more stuff than we came with, so we had to borrow a suitcase from Uncle Jim & Aunt Sharon to haul home all our stuff. What do you expect? We were visiting a place with lots of outlet malls and no sales tax!
We didn't leave Dallas as early as we would've liked, mainly due to trying to stuff all our finds into our suitcases. I actually got some bedding for Charles' "big boy" room and we discovered as we were packing it that there was a hole in the quilt. So...we had to make a stop in Salem to return it. No sense in dragging it to Kansas only to return it to TJ Maxx.
Charles slept all the way from Dallas to Portland. That was all the sleep he got until he got in the car in Oklahoma City. Not a wink on either plane or in the airport. He certainly was not in the best of moods. Especially when he wasn't allowed to ride the moving sidewalk. It was his favorite airport activity! As was running!
Now we're home and hopefully back to our normal routine. Of course the routine won't begin right away. Today we're at Mom & Dad's waiting for the window installers. They were supposed to be here at 9am but called and said they'd had some delays and wouldn't arrive until 10:30. It's after 10:30 and still no sign of them. I think we'll end up being here most of the day, much to the dismay of Casey and Lillie who are looking forward to Charles & I being home and the end of their days locked in the kennel or garage.
Tomorrow will be no better...we're headed to the East Side so Charles can go to Friday Friends. I've got a doctor's appointment, they'll give me the test for gestational diabetes which means I'll sit in the office for an hour after drinking the equivalent of a flat Mountain Dew. I also got in with Marie for a hair cut, a much needed hair cut. With our humid and rainy weather you might say I have an Afro!
The window installers have just arrived. Better go answer the door and show them around.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment