Saturday, April 26, 2008

Bargain Hunting!

Those of you who know me well know I love to shop. If I can find a bargain, I'm in hog heaven. Yesterday after a doctor's appointment (have I mentioned I hate my insurance?) and lunch with Russell I ran errands while Charles was at Friday Friends.

My stop was at Sam's, a favorite place to find bargains. Most of their stuff comes in bulk sizes, but sometimes they have other things that are in single packages. Usually it's random things. Like toys, baby stuff, clothes, etc. Yesterday they had a car seat at an unusually low price. It was not in a box and had no price tag on it, just one on the shelf above it. I took it to the customer service desk and asked some questions like: "is this the right price?" "Does this have an instruction manual?" "Can I bring it back if I don't want it?" "Can you lower the price?"


I found out it was the last one, a display model. It was open box and without any instructions. They'd come down 50% and couldn't go any lower on the price. I got it...$32.00! I saw the full price tag underneath and it was marked $64.00. It will be for Charles to use. The new baby can use the one Charles is in when he he gets too heavy for the infant carrier since it's both forward and rear facing.


When I got home I found the instruction manual on-line and printed it out. I also couldn't help myself and had to do some searching to see if I got a good deal. On the Target website I found the exact same car seat for $89.99. To quote Howie Mandel on Deal or No Deal, "You made a good deal!"


No comments: