Sunday, November 11, 2007

I've Created a Monster...

I'm a horrible mother. I've committed the worst of sins...introducing my toddler to chocolate chip cookie dough. Our good friends, the Hickeys (Merrill's family), had their baby this morning (a girl, Charlotte Anna, 7 lbs. 6 oz., 19 1/2 inches) and I thought I'd be nice and make them some cookies. I had Charles take Daddy some dough and Charles took a taste. He loved it! He brought the spoon back to me in the kitchen (he's getting good a following directions--when he wants to) and stood and pointed the spoon at the bowl, asking for more. What have I done?!?! He also liked sucking/chewing on the beater (there's only one when you use the Kitchen Aide stand mixer).


This evening we went for a mile walk with Grandma and then ran to Subway to pick up some dinner. Charles was given a few Cheetos and he liked those better than the sandwich. He was playing with his milk, sort of blowing bubbles and letting it run down his chin.

Our church had the "grand opening" of our playground today. We have a courtyard between two sections of our building. The Nursery and/or Sunday School rooms border both sides with doors that open into the playground. After I was done at the Nursery desk we went to try it out. It was too busy between Sunday School and 2nd Service, so a few minutes after the service started was the perfect time. Charles crawled up the steps. He was unsure about the slide until he was on his way down. He really liked it. He tried to go down by himself and ended up going down feet first on his stomach.

I forgot to tell you about Charles' new "party trick." He can find...no show you his tummy. Ask him, "Charles, where is your tummy?" and he lifts up his shirt and pats his stomach. Quite hilarious...at least until his decides to do it in public, or worse yet do it to someone else (me or another woman).

This afternoon Charles woke up from his nap very hoarse. I'm not sure if he's coming down with something or not. Maybe he never really got over his ear infection. Tuesday he's got his 15-month Well Child Check-Up, so I'll wait 'til then to ask the doctor. I'm sneaky...the well child exams are covered 100% by our insurance so if the doctor finds an ear infection during the exam I won't have to pay for a visit. Hopefully it's nothing, but he's been awake again in the night, usually he puts himself back to sleep, which isn't normal and may be a sign something is wrong.

Don't forget to pray for Russell this week as he studies for his exit exam. It's Saturday from 9 am - noon. I am confident he'll pass, but he's concered about doing well.

No comments: