Friday, June 1, 2007

Updated Photos

Russell & I went to the dermatologist today. I have one mole they want to check in 6 months. They did a scraping of Russell's hand and looked at it under the microscope. They are trying to determine if it's a fungus or psoriasis. It didn't look like a fungus. They will try to grow it in a test tube over the next 6 weeks which will give a definitive answer as to whether or not it is a fungus. I think we're praying it's a fungus because that can be treated with medicine and cleared up for good. Psoriasis, however, is just something that has to be managed and will never go away.

All I could think about when the PA was talking about a fungus was my cousin Victor, age 3, talking about the "humongous fungus" that was growing in his front yard.

Charles had a
fever again today--101.3. Of course he was napping when it was time to leave for the doctor and was fussy the entire time. He was better when we got home and was good while we ate our Friday night pizza. I sure hope it's teething and it's not a cold. It's hard to know when the symptoms are so similar.

Now for some much-awaited photos...

From our 9 month photo shoot...I don't know why the photographer at JC Penny can't get good grins like these. Maybe because Russell wasn't there to make funny faces. For some reason Charles thinks his Daddy is hilarious!




Some of you may not have seen our nursery. We painted the walls "celery" and put brown & white stripes on one wall to coordinate with the Amy Coe bedding I got at Target. It turned out looking really good in spite of some measuring mishaps. With the crib in front of it, I get the feeling Charles is in "baby jail!"

You can see his five teeth in these pictures. He now has six, another one on the top right has broken through the skin. We'll see what comes next. He needs some more on the bottom.

Here are some pictures of him from last night. He was dozing off during dinner. I was afraid to put him to bed at 6:30 for fear he'd wake up in the middle of the night like it was morning.

I think these may be a little fuzzy, that always seems to happen to pictures I take in the kitchen. It's either the lighting or the fact that he's wiggling. Maybe it's just the photographer!








Charles has to watch what's going on. Tonight there were lots of people in the restaurant and he was watching everyone. Sometimes I think he's too alert to his surroundings--like when they distract him from what he's supposed to be doing. For example, watching Casey, Lillie, or Daddy when he should be eating.

No comments: