Thursday, May 31, 2007

Grandpa Update

It turns out that Sunday Grandpa's enzymes were elevated. He did, in fact, have a heart attack. God's been good and there's only a little damage. I'm so thankful he went to the doctor before anything major happened. Uncle Brian & Aunt Heather came Sunday afternoon to see him and listen to what the doctors were saying. They left Monday around lunch time so Heather could work at least half the day. It was good to see them even if it was just for a few minutes.

We went to visit Grandpa on Monday. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door and Stephanie, PJ, Mason, Carissa, Elena, John, and Lola came in for a visit. Of course Stephanie had to step out to visit someone from her congregation who was in a room down the hall. And, the nurse checking Grandpa's blood sugar was from her church too. The life of a pastor!

Grandpa came home on Tuesday. He and Grandma have been walking together and carefully planning their meals. Today he had an appointment with Dr. Bill. Grandma went with him and then had to go to work this afternoon.

The car update...the shop told us it wasn't what they fixed in March, that it was probably the water pump. We called our local expert--cousin Paul (III)--to come help Russ fix it. They're working on it right now but the water pump isn't the problem. The cooling system is all clogged, so they've been running water and the air compressor to clean out the hoses. Hopefully that's all it is and the Malibu can be up and running yet today.

Charles has been up at 6:30 every morning this week--I'm exhausted. I think he's getting more teeth. Last night he was a little warm, didn't want to eat, and was out of sorts. This morning he was quite warm (I don't have a good thermometer to know for sure how high his temp was) and not at all himself. Have I mentioned he's been drooling like a mad man? Today he had two strands of drool running down his chin. This morning he was awake again at 6:30, but luckily he fell back asleep. He only had an hour nap this afternoon and at 6:30 tonight was falling asleep with his head on the tray of the high chair. I've got some photos, but will add them later.

Tomorrow is Russ' day off. It should be a good day if the car is fixed yet tonight. We are both going to the dermatologist. It's about time, my cousin Jeff died of Melanoma a year ago and I've been saying I need to have all my moles checked since he was diagnosed. Hopefully they can treat Russ' eczema and get it under control.

I'll post this without pictures so you can have an update on Grandpa. With Charles being so fussy and out of sorts I haven't been able to do anything, so the sink is overflowing with dishes and the leftovers from dinner are still on the table.

No comments: