I didn't mention that Charles got a tooth. He's been crabby this week and after noticing swollen gums his top, right, front tooth popped through the gum.
Last night Charles went to bed late--around 9:30pm. We went out for pizza and got to see Grandpa and Aunt Christy who've been busy. Grandpa's office is converting from Oracle to SAP and he's playing a major role in the changes. Aunt Christy is busy with homework for her master's classes to become a librarian. It was good to see them both.
So...he went to bed at 9:30 and then was screaming at 11:30. Normally he just falls back to sleep, but not this time. We gave him some Tylenol and put him back to bed. Then at 1:30 am he was screaming again. He guzzled down a bottle and continued to chew on it. We figure it must be teeth. We finally got him back to bed at 2:30.
We turned off our alarms at 6:00 and 6:30, but by 7am I figured I should get up and get ready for church. Before I could get in the shower Charles was awake. Russell was too tired so he went to sleep and Charles and I got ready and went to church. We were only 15 minutes late--a feat considering how little sleep we'd had. Russell stayed home, got some much-needed rest and began studying for his test on Thursday.
After lunch we stopped at Wal-Mart and got some Ibuprofen. We gave Charles a dose we put him down for an afternoon nap and he slept from 2:30 until almost 6:30. We had to wake him up so he'd sleep tonight. He was in a much better mood, although not completely back to normal. We gave him another dose of Ibuprofen and fed him dinner. He sucked on a piece of frozen honeydew melon (I've got a Popsicle like container made of mesh fabric made for babies to suck on "adult food" that they can't chew) and he seemed to like it.
He played a while and then got a bottle and a bath. We gave him another dose of Tylenol and an application of Baby Oragel before putting him to bed. He cried quite a while before finally falling asleep. Hopefully he'll sleep through the night.
As we were squirting Tylenol into his mouth we discovered another tooth! On the left side--not the front one, but the one next to it. I think it may be through the gum by morning. Those are the teeth I have troubles with--the right one didn't come in at all and the left one was a midget tooth--so it will be interesting to see what his are like.
Pray we get a good night's sleep. I was actually able to nap for about 1 1/2 hours this afternoon, so that helped. Hopefully we'll get a full night's sleep. Russell has a test this week so it will be important for him to get his rest.
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment