Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday Star

No new pictures today. I just wanted to tell everyone about our little star. Charles was the object for the object lesson in church today. Pastor Ken is doing his annual "Matters of the Heart" series which encourages the congregation to participate in ministries in the church.

Today's sermon was about craving a relationship with Him. His text was 1 Peter 2:2-3 where it says, "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted the Lord is good" (NIV).

Pastor Ken held Charles and then I showed him his bottle. He got excited the closer I got with it. Everyone said he did a wonderful job. At first, he just moved his hands and feet, and as I got closer to him he got more excited and reached for the bottle. Then he just guzzled it down as Ken finished up the point.

Charles really did a good job. I had nursery duty so as soon as we were done with our part we headed to the nursery. Russell said it was a good on so I'll either have to get the CD or listen on-line at: http://www.vchurches.com/wefc/sermonlist.aspx I have a feeling they'll probably post the 2nd service sermon but you'll get the idea.

No comments: