I have discovered that if you're willing to use any brand, you can get things on sale. Take tootpaste, for instance. Had two $1.00 coupons for Colgate. One was a Target specific coupon, the other a manufacturer's coupon. Many times as long as the item is the brand on the coupon it doesn't matter what model/flavor/etc. you get. I got the cheapest tube of Colgate, priced at $1.94 so I actually made $0.06 on the tube. I had enough coupons to get two tubes. Plus, the tubes were packaged with a free toothbrush. Score!
So, what have I learned?
- You can stack manufacturer's coupons with in-store coupons, it's more bang for your buck, especially if the store (like Target) doesn't double coupons.
- You can get coupons out of Sunday's paper, but can also print both manufacturer's and in-store coupons on-line. Target has great on-line coupons, just go to their home page and scroll to the bottom where it says coupons. Many places limit the number you can print and/or require you to install a special program for coupon printing in an attempt to prevent forgery.
- Walgreen's has great sales, in-store coupons, and Register Rewards. Register rewards are like the coupons that print with your receipts at other stores (Dillion's, Target, etc.). Instead of being item specific, they are dollars off your next purchase.
- Other people are willing to share their advice about coupons or deals they have found. There's so much to learn that no one single person can do it on their own.
1 comment:
just wrote a post on this. Though I started off good, I found myself falling into buying things because what a deal they are. Granted I wouldnt have bought Hamburger Helper either but there are certain things I was willing to compromise.
Post a Comment