June brings two celebrations for Russell. Father's Day and Birthday. This year they were exactly a week apart.
I asked Charles what we should get Russ for Father's Day. His answer was, "basketball!" Russell already has a basketball, a fairly new one he bought last fall. So, I did some more probing and got "basketball shoes." Okay, great idea because Russell's been thinking he needs a new pair, but that's not exactly something you can purchase for another person. So...we went to Wal-Mart and got him a new pair of shorts and two shirts that he can wear to play basketball on Saturday mornings. Charles decided blue was the best choice. Hmmm....an opinion already. Wonder where he gets that from?!?! I'm just afraid he's going to have a double dose since both of his parents are opinionated.
Yesterday was Russ' birthday. Charles thought Russ needed a carrot cake. We made the cake on Friday. It was a little messy. Charles turned the Kitchen Aide on high when only had dry ingredients and carrots in the bowl. Both of us and the counter top were white with orange flecks!
Saturday after Charles' project at Lowe's we took Russell out to lunch to celebrate. His choice was a sandwich at Mr. Goodcents. Charles doesn't really eat meat sandwiches (just PB&J or grilled cheese) but this time he ate pretty well. I ordered him a bologna sandwich, which he'd never had before. I figured it was kind of like a flat hot dog. He ate most of it so I'll have to order it again the next time we're at a sandwich shop and see if it's something he'll continue to eat.
Sunday we got up early and began a new family tradition. Going out for donuts (or breakfast) on the person's birthday. It was EARLY because we had to be at church at 8:15 that morning. Charles had never really had a donut and as could be predicted, he chose the one with sprinkles!
For lunch we met my parents, cousin Travis, and his girlfriend Jenna at Los Cocos for a birthday lunch. We were the first ones there so got to enjoy chips & salsa, an order of queso, and several refills on our Dr. Peppers before the rest of the clan arrived. Afterwards we came back and had carrot cake. YUM! I have to admit, Charles and I made a pretty delicious cake, even if we had to improvise because we didn't have enough oil (applesauce works as a substitute). An entire recipe of cream cheese frosting on a 9 x 13 cake is the key to success!
No pictures of the birthday "bash" but here are some from Father's Day. We took Russell out to celebrate Father's Day at the same place we went for his birthday. They have some good Mexican food. Most of the employees...at least the hosts/hostesses and waiters/waitresses I don't know about the kitchen staff...are Hispanic. It's not Ted's but it's the best we can do in Wichita!
I asked Charles what we should get Russ for Father's Day. His answer was, "basketball!" Russell already has a basketball, a fairly new one he bought last fall. So, I did some more probing and got "basketball shoes." Okay, great idea because Russell's been thinking he needs a new pair, but that's not exactly something you can purchase for another person. So...we went to Wal-Mart and got him a new pair of shorts and two shirts that he can wear to play basketball on Saturday mornings. Charles decided blue was the best choice. Hmmm....an opinion already. Wonder where he gets that from?!?! I'm just afraid he's going to have a double dose since both of his parents are opinionated.
Yesterday was Russ' birthday. Charles thought Russ needed a carrot cake. We made the cake on Friday. It was a little messy. Charles turned the Kitchen Aide on high when only had dry ingredients and carrots in the bowl. Both of us and the counter top were white with orange flecks!
Saturday after Charles' project at Lowe's we took Russell out to lunch to celebrate. His choice was a sandwich at Mr. Goodcents. Charles doesn't really eat meat sandwiches (just PB&J or grilled cheese) but this time he ate pretty well. I ordered him a bologna sandwich, which he'd never had before. I figured it was kind of like a flat hot dog. He ate most of it so I'll have to order it again the next time we're at a sandwich shop and see if it's something he'll continue to eat.
Sunday we got up early and began a new family tradition. Going out for donuts (or breakfast) on the person's birthday. It was EARLY because we had to be at church at 8:15 that morning. Charles had never really had a donut and as could be predicted, he chose the one with sprinkles!
For lunch we met my parents, cousin Travis, and his girlfriend Jenna at Los Cocos for a birthday lunch. We were the first ones there so got to enjoy chips & salsa, an order of queso, and several refills on our Dr. Peppers before the rest of the clan arrived. Afterwards we came back and had carrot cake. YUM! I have to admit, Charles and I made a pretty delicious cake, even if we had to improvise because we didn't have enough oil (applesauce works as a substitute). An entire recipe of cream cheese frosting on a 9 x 13 cake is the key to success!
No pictures of the birthday "bash" but here are some from Father's Day. We took Russell out to celebrate Father's Day at the same place we went for his birthday. They have some good Mexican food. Most of the employees...at least the hosts/hostesses and waiters/waitresses I don't know about the kitchen staff...are Hispanic. It's not Ted's but it's the best we can do in Wichita!
My view across the table.
Russell got fajitas. Micah tried to catch the smoke coming off of them. Charles had to use the restroom and wanted Dad to take him, so I had to capture this funny moment on film!
I've created a monster. Paybacks are brutal!
Several months ago I saw these t-shirts on the Children's Place website. I had to have them because Russell's college nick-name was "Super!" Notice how he's trying to stand like a super hero? Russell is ornery!
My three super guys!
1 comment:
cute pics of your boys!
Post a Comment