We've recovered from Thanksgiving...not on the scale, but otherwise we're back to normal! My dad's family, the Goentzels, descended on Wichita and we hosted 50 people for the big day...and weekend.
Since Mom & Dad's house is not big enough to seat 50, we rented our church. It has a nice big kitchen, gymnasium, and playground. There was LOTS to eat and activities like kickball, basketball, and other made up games by the little ones. Micah was the youngest in attendance and Uncle LeRoy the oldest. It's hard to believe that my uncle is a great-grandpa and the baby is older than Micah. I guess that's what happens when the youngest is a LOT younger than the rest of the siblings.
Charles had a great time running around in the gym and playing with the other kids. He also got to go bowling on Friday afternoon. He had to learn about taking turns, he wanted to bowl every time!
Friday evening we drove to Hesston to my cousin's house. Bruce and Brenda had quite a set-up in their basement. The teens and tweens played Rockband complete with two guitars, drums, and a vocalist. Christy & I got in on one round and sang a Bon Jovi hit from our youth!
I didn't take many pictures, but there are tons on Facebook if you're friends with my sister, Debbie, Brenda, Brett, or Sheila.
Now it's time for Christmas. I can hardly wait!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment