Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cabin Fever

I've had cabin fever. I really don't have the energy to do much but also am tired of sitting at home all the time. With gas at $3.75 per gallon I try not to go out more than necessary. A few pictures from last week and what went on around here.

I was using the computer and wanted to keep Charles out of trouble and away from my mouse and keyboard. This is his "office" on our card table.

I wonder who he's talking to and the content of their conversation. He gets very excited and goes on for quite a while. I think he's learned from seeing me on the phone!


Now that Charles is in his "big boy" bed he's not contained. Thankfully he can't open his door...yet. One day last week--this day in fact--he met me at the front door when I came back from the mailbox. This is what I found upstairs in his room.

A short clip to give you a better view of the disaster!

I was perturbed I had to clean up the mess and Russell's reaction was different...he was upset we wasted all those wipes. Money just thrown away. Oh...and you probably couldn't tell, but it was an unopened package of wipes before Charles got a hold of them. The wipes are now stored on the top shelf of the closet! Thankfully he hasn't made any more messes and hasn't been able to open his bedroom door again.

I've been trying to turn off the TV. This is a challenge for me because I like it on for the company. And, I actually enjoy most of the PBS shows. Here's Charles dancing to something, I'm not sure what. He was really into my U2 "Joshua Tree" last week, but I can't remember what was playing when this dance party began. For all I know it could have been the Jeopardy song that plays during final Jeopardy! I just remembered! I think he's dancing to the Audio Adrenaline "Don't Censor Me" album's dance remix. Sort of has that techno beat!

2 comments:

Brown Family Blog said...

LOL...that dance video cracked me up! What a cutie...you probably werent thinking that when you saw his room. Reminds me of the time when my nephew got ahold of the Vaseline during his "naptime"... I think he had greasy hair for days....

Stacey said...

I don't think he got the dance moves from me--I grew up Mennonite which means NO dancing! Russell doesn't dance either so that explains why it's so funny!

Thank the Lord it wasn't something as messy as Vaseline. That stuff never goes away. Anything valuable or able to make a huge mess has been removed from the room. Guess that doesn't stop him from ripping pages out of books...