Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Eating

Charles has always loved to eat but has recently gone through a phase where he's not hungry or not interested in the food that he normally eats. Of course fruit is always a favorite. We have to be careful to monitor how much he eats or we'll regret it later! He could eat grapes and watermelon until he makes himself sick! Not that I'm complaining, I'm glad he likes healthy snacks...of course he likes anything sweet. Yesterday I had a craving for Twizzlers so he got to try them for the first time. He kept asking for more, which is high pitched and sounds like "moe!"

On May 15th McDonald's was giving away free chicken sandwiches. I'm always up for a freebie and deduced from the commercials that the sandwich was tyring to compete with a Chick-fil-A sandwich (my favorite). I loaded Charles up in the car and we went out for lunch. We had to buy drinks to get the free sandwich so I got two larges for $1.00 each (they were on sale too!). My mom is always gathering coupons and had given me some WSU baseball ticket stubs that had a coupon for free large fry on the back. Charles and I both got drinks, sandwiches, and shared a large fry for $2.13.



I can't believe he ate the WHOLE thing! Except for the pickles!

Charles wants to walk BY HIMSELF. This causes numerous temper tantrums in parking lots. He actually got away from me in McDonald's while I was refilling my drink. He got between the inside door and the outside door and thew a fit when I picked him up and carried him to the car. I was grateful he didn't get out in the parking lot and was furious with him for kicking and screaming all the way to the car. Of course I wasn't just carrying him, but also two drinks along with my growing pregnant belly.

I tried a recipe I saw on the Food Network while in Oregon. The minute I start something in the kitchen Charles runs to the dining room and grabs a chair. He wants to be at the counter "helping." This translates into getting in the way and sticking his hands into the mixing bowl for a taste of the batter. This was a Mexican recipe that called for fresh lime juice. He likes fruit so he decided to try the lime!

Here are two video clips of Charles sampling a lime. Of course the sour faces were made when the camera wasn't rolling!


No comments: