Saturday, April 12, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day!

I could sing the Mr. Rogers theme song or U2's "It's a Beautiful Day" today. It's about 70 degrees with little or no wind.

No, Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore. We're in the Pacific Northwest!

Today we went and had lunch at Surfrider. At least for us it was lunch, we've been up since 5:45 PDT. Charles and I had a little breakfast, watched a little PBS and then called Mom & Dad at their hotel to see if they were up and about. Sure enough they were so they came to pick us up and we went for a walk in downtown Dallas. We walked about 8 blocks downtown and Charles walked the whole way. We took the stroller "just in case" but he had lots of pent up energy after being cooped up yesterday. Then we got some breakfast and went to the hotel so Mom & Dad could get ready for the day.

At 9am we met Jim, Sharon, Erin, and Grandma and headed to Lincoln City. The Pikes ordered breakfast at Surfrider, but the rest of us are on Central time and were ready for lunch! After our meal we drove to Depoe Bay and stopped to get Tillamook ice cream--chocolate peanut butter and Marion berry some chose one flavor, some the other it's not a good combination for a double dip. Charles even got a jr. scoop which they were kind enough to do half vanilla bean and the other half orange sherbet.

We drove to the public access to the beach next to Sea Gypsy. The weather was georgous and we had to wait in the parking lot while all the beachgoers waited for parking places to open up. God is faithful even in the small stuff and a car was leaving just as we rounded the corner--a place facing the water! Grandma Wall could sit and watch everyone from the car.

I stayed in the car too. Sand is not my favorite spot and I defiantly don't want to be covered in it when I have to get back in the car. Plus, I wasn't dressed for beach going. Platform clogs with a heel just don't work on the sand.

Grandpa and Grandma took Charles to the beach. He loved it! I wish I could've been down there to see his face. He did NOT want to get in the car when it was time to go. Sadly Charles missed seeing the couple sitting on the bench in front of our car with their parrot. He would've been fascinated by such an exotic bird. He chased birds in the jungle when we were there last Saturday.

Tonight we are getting together with our Friesen cousins and Uncle Elmer and Aunt Jean at Jerry and Andrea's house. There will be 3 little cousins plus Logan who's quite a bit older at age 12. They'll have a great time playing together.

No comments: