Friday I had a day straight from heaven...several hours ALONE in the "big, east mall." It's truly a blessing since I'm still fighting the "crud" that's going around. I've felt crummy all week and Friday was the one day I wasn't miserable. Charles went to Friday Friends and I ran to see Dr. Craddock. Russell decided he could miss a few hours of his training (he's been at it every morning all week) and met me at the doctor's office. I was armed with snacks, Robitussin, cough drops, and drinks to combat any coughing spells but thankfully didn't need them!
The doctor asked if we're going to find out the gender and when we said "yes" she made the comment she thinks it's a girl! I know I'd survive and love two boys, but I'm not sure how women do it. I'm going crazy and Charles isn't yet two...I'm constantly telling him not to climb on things, draw on the paper not your hand or the table, don't eat dirt...you get the idea. We scheduled the sonogram for Friday morning. I'm anxious to see this little bugger. Charles will have to come with us, which may make the event even more memorable!
After the doctor's office Russell and I had lunch together before he headed off work. It's so nice to be able to talk and not worry about food landing on the floor or listening to a child whine because he's sick of sitting and wants to run.
After lunch I headed to the mall to find some things we've been needing...and a few we don't! Charles needs an "Easter outfit" and in time for Joel & Amy's wedding in Dallas on March 15th. Finding dress clothes for little boys is next to impossible. I found an outfit at Children's Place but feel horribly guilty about the price. My husband has that influence on me! It's adorable and the perfect blue to go with Charles' eyes but I'm not sure it's all that practical. At least I was smart enough to leave the white socks behind that had the same argyle as the vest. Those would be brown after one Sunday. Here are some pictures so you can see how cute he is, I may be returning it, I'm just not sure...it will be his summer "church clothes" so long pants and long sleeves may not be practical. Also, linen my be a huge pain when you consider the "ironing factor."
Posing for the camera, but not in a good location.
Running away from the camera.
TV is a distraction that allows a few photos.
I also found a shirt for Russell to wear in Joel's wedding. He's the best man so he's got to be dressed to kill! He's so hard to shop for since he's tall, thin, and has long arms. Penny's had a bunch of dress shirts marked down to $3.97. I got one that was 1/2" bigger around the neck than what he normally wears but it fits even with a tie.
Dillard's was having a HUGE shoe sale--75% off. I found a pair of Nurture shoes, an $80 pair for less than $20. It's amazing they had anything in my size, size 10, and they are very comfortable.
No comments:
Post a Comment