This was a crazy week. I borrowed my sister's car to run an errand and on the way to my destination was hit by a dump truck. It could have been a horrible accident but the Lord protected me. We have many things to be thankful for. A short list:
- It could have been a head-on collision, instead the truck only scratched the driver's side between the wheel well and the brake light
- I was alone in the car. Christy was at the house with Charles
- The dump truck could have had a full load, but it was empty
- I didn't hit anyone when I swerved out of the dump truck's path, no one was in the right hand lane
- No one was injured
A long story as short as can be: I was headed south and the dump truck was headed north, we were both on the inside lane. A pick-up truck sped up and cut off the dump truck, slamming on it's breaks to make a left-hand turn. The dump truck swerved to avoid hitting the pick-up and veered into oncoming traffic. Thankfully Christy's car has only minor damages and the other driver's insurance will have to pay for the repairs. I've got some sore muscles in my neck and shoulders. I went to the doctor on Friday to make sure it wasn't anything serious. He gave me some muscle relaxers and some pain pills (he's great, he always gives us samples instead of having to pay for meds at the pharmacy). It's Sunday and I'm still a little sore but much better than Thursday afternoon. If it's not better in a day or two I might schedule a massage!
Christy's neighbor has a nice in-ground pool. It's a 70-80 year old widow who lives alone. She's given us an open invitation to come swim since she's got to pay to put in the chemicals and would like it to get some use. Grandpa and Grandma have even come over and taken a dip! Charles seems to like the water. But, he'd rather crawl around on the sidewalk, on the move on his own terms. Last night during his bath he tried to stick his face in the water. He must have learned that at the pool. We bought him a small inflatable pool for our backyard, but we haven't filled it up yet, but will probably do that this week.
Not much else is going on. It's too hot to do more than sit at home. We had such a rainy spring and early summer that this 90 degree heat is almost unbearable.
2 comments:
Girl...I'm so glad you are OK!! Hit by a dump truck... yikes!! PTL for his protection!!! Thanks for keeping up with your blog... I love reading it and looking at the pictures!!!
Praise God you are OK! Wow, I am very grateful you werent seriously injured and that Charles wasnt with you.
OK, I laughed at that one pic of Charles stuck and crying. He is too stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment