
It's a jungle out there...in our yard that is. The grass (where we have it) was above my ankles. So, on Sunday I cleaned up after the dogs in the backyard while Russell tuned up the lawn mower. Charles got to be in his walker in the garage (see the close-up of him in his hat) and LOVED it. It's one of the few places without carpet so he was able to "run" around. The barricade at the end of the garage cramped his style which didn't make him very happy. We tried to put him on the deck in his exersaucer, but he'd reached his limit. Maybe he just doesn't like the deck.

My mom talked to a friend, Judy Wells, who is in the nursery at our church. She loves getting to see and hold Charles, she used to do that with me and my siblings. Anyway...she says Charles is all boy. Most of the other children his age are girls. Judy said all the girls are calm and quiet, then there's Charles who bangs on things and jumps around in the exersaucer--a typical boy. How funny to hear! I would've never known that about him. I guess it's just because we don't have a girl to compare behavior. Russ was quite pleased to hear his son is being "manly!"
This morning Charles' cough was worse so I took

him in to see Dr. Scott. His right ear had fluid in it but the other ear was clear and his lungs sounded good. So...we're on our first ever dose of antibiotics (pink amoxicillin-yum, yum) and we've invested in Dimatapp. My mom swears by the Dimatapp, but someone told me it doesn't do anything. I think it depends on the kid and their specific ailment. It worked for me and my brother and our plethora of ear infections. Of course that was 25-30 years ago!
Tomorrow we babysit for cousin Elena while her mom goes to observe a music class at the special-ed school. It will be interesting to hear what they do for music. I'm sure it takes a special person to teach that class.
We're planning to go to Texas for Easter. Russ' grandpa Sharp died so we're going to go spend some time with Russ' family. We're lucky to have Mom and Dad here to dog-sit so we can leave on short notice. We need to find someone to come let the dogs out on Easter Sunday while Mom and Dad are in Oklahoma City at my brother's house. We have friends and family I could ask but they'll be out of town or busy with family Easter activities.
I better get to bed, it's 10:30 and it's been a long day.
1 comment:
Thanks for posting, Stace!! I'm not much of a "commenter" but I am a regular blog reader!! Charles is a cutey! Give him kisses from me!!
Debbie Schultz
Post a Comment